Saturday, August 29, 2009

cake



so....i used to live in LA. i have tried all the LA hotspots for cupcakes that there were at the time. I tried Yummy cakes, I tried Sprinkles, I tried Susie cakes, i tried cake divas. I tried whatever cupcake store was in the mall at the 3rd street promenade. I can say, without a doubt, that my favorite was the red velvet at Susie cakes. its divine. which doesnt even begin to talk about their whoopie pies. if you are ever in brentwood (or newport beach or calabasas), you must go to susie cakes and eat a whoopie pie. but ever since i started becoming involved in married land, i kept hearing about vanilla bake shop. and this weekend, i was in santa monica and i stopped to give it a whirl ( i believe if you keep hearing about awesome baked goods and you are in the vicinity, you must try). holy moly. heaven...all packaged in a lovely little cupcake. new fave: meyer lemon raspberry cupcake. mmmm. they put lemon curd IN it. mmmm.... so i was looking them up online tonight and i noticed that the pictures and names of the founders were people i had seen before....but where? and then it came to me....i had spied their wedding on the knot when i first started planning my own wedding. (they had a gorgeous orange and white affair...if this is really the same couple.). and the main pic on their wedding page is a sorority sister of mine. small world.
anyways .... new fan of vanilla bake shop.. if you love baked goods at alll....i highly highly highly suggest you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment